Eye Doctors on Staff in Goshen, IN
Here at Goshen Eye Care
in Goshen, Indiana
our eye doctors
have the experience and expertise to serve you. Each one offers personalized attention, dedicates time with each patient, and performs most of the eye care
services at our offices.
After graduating from Goshen High school in 1970, Dr. David L. Cripe decided to further his education by attending Indiana University. He received a psychology degree and Doctorate in Optometry in 1979. Dr. Cripe then went on to serve our county in the United States Navy as an Optometrist in Quantico, Virginia. He also served in the Navy Reserve for an additional five years and achieved the rank of Lieutenant Commander.
During his years of service, Dr. Cripe was an associate professor in clinical optometry at the Pennsylvania School of Optometry and at Indiana University School of Optometry from 1980-1984. His community involvement includes:
- Holding Positions on Boards within the Lions Club, Kiwanis Club, and Others
- President of Kiwanis Club of Goshen, 1987-1988
- Chairman within the Goshen Chamber of Commerce 1992 - 1993
- Board Member within The Oaklawn Foundation, 1996-2010 and Chairman, 2005-2006
- Cub Scout Leader, 1989-1993
- President and Current Member of the North Central Optometric Society and Indiana Optometric Association® since 1973
- Member of the American Optometric Association®, 1979-2009
- Serving on Committees for the YMCA™, United Way®, and Face of the City (Goshen)
- Active Member of the Maplecrest Country Club
- Charter Member of the Board of Goshen Community Bank
Dr. Bryan Stephens received a Bachelor in Optometry in 1989 and a doctorate in 1992 from Indiana University. When he is not working, Dr. Stephens devotes his time to serving the community within organizations such as:
- Indiana Optometric Association®, Member
- Goshen Jaycees, Former Member
- Nothing But Net Club, Past President and Treasurer (Supports Fairfield HS Athletics)
- North Central Optometric Society, Past President
Dr. James Stickel, OD., M.S.
Dr. James Stickel received his Bachelor of Science in Microbiology from Indiana University Bloomington in 1999. He then went on to receive a Master of Science in Human Biology from Purdue University - Indianapolis in 2000. Additionally, Dr. Stickel obtained a Doctor of Optometry from Indiana University in 2004.
Soon after receiving his doctorate in 2004, he joined Dr. Cripe and Stephens. He has served on the board of directors of the Goshen Rotary Club, committee chairman of the Indiana Optometric Association®, and previously served as president of the North Central Optometric Society. Dr. Stickel's community service also stretches to organizing school vision screenings for a number of elementary schools in Elkhart County. He enjoys pediatric eye care, treating ocular diseases, and performing contact lens services. In April 2014, Dr. Stickel was named Indiana's "Young Optometrist of the Year".
Dr. McGuire joins our practice with over 15 years of experience serving Goshen patients. She received a Bachelor's degree in Psychology and Doctorate of Optometry from Indiana University. She practices family-oriented optometry with an emphasis in pediatric eye care. She has been practicing in Goshen since 1999.
Dr. McGuire is a member if the Indiana Optometric Association and the American Optometric Association. She is an assistant coach for Girls on the Run at Benton Elementary and enjoys spending her free time with her husband and two daughters.